2010 SEO Industry Survey Results, Infographic & Surprising Trends
Earlier this year SEOMOZ asked the community to take our SEO Industry Survey. SEOMOZ had originally hoped to get at least 3,000 responses and were completely blown away when over 10,000 people ended up taking the survey!
SEOMOZ survey's goal was to gather information about SEO in 2010 and share it publicly. They asked questions around:
• Who are the people in the SEO community?
• How do they learn about SEO and sharpen their skills?
• How are companies embracing search marketing?
• Which tools and tactics do people in the industry use to support their SEO and social media efforts?
After some detailed number crunching by Will Critchlow from Distilled, SEOMOZ is able to present the results from the data.
Some of the cool things you'll see include:
• What percent of SEOs say they buy links, report spam and how many overlap?
• Salary ranges across countries, experience levels and job descriptions
• Demographics of SEO - we might need to work on our male/female ratio
• and lots more - just go read it!
SEOMOZ also created a spiffy infographic to help visualize the survey results: